Alternatives to Smacking Children booklet by NAPCAN
The “Alternatives to Smacking Children” booklet, created by National Association for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect, offers valuable advice and guidance on positive discipline strategies. This compact resource emphasises why smacking is not an effective approach and provides alternative methods for promoting positive behavior in children.
- Why smacking is a bad idea
- Helping kids to behave without having to hit
- Things to try if you are at the end of your tether!
- Behavior is a family business
- Self-care for Parents
Alternatives to Corporal Punishmet
The “Alternatives to Corporal Punishment” booklet provides essential guidance and recommendations for parents and caregivers seeking alternatives to the use of physical punishment. This resource aims to educate and promote positive discipline strategies that are more effective and respectful towards children.
The booklet covers several key areas, including:
- What is Corporal Punishment?
- Why Physical Punishment is not Acceptable
- Alternatives to Corporal Punishment
- Setting Boundaries: Learn to Recognise Appropriate Behaviour
- Children’s Right to Participate in their own Discipline
- The Need for Rules and Limits
21 Practical Alternatives to Smacking by Barnardos
“21 Practical Alternatives to Smacking” is a resource developed by Barnardos, providing a list of strategies and techniques that parents and caregivers can use as alternatives to smacking. These alternatives promote positive discipline and aim to create a nurturing and respectful environment for children.