The ‘Expect Respect’ resource has been developed for teachers however some of the activities can be adapted for use individually by a social worker. It offers a comprehensive package of engaging teaching material that encourages open ended, active learning that enable young people to explore abuse in relationships in ways that are relevant to their own lives.
Section 1: Teachers’ notes
2. Introduction to the lesson plans
3. Responding to a young person’s concerns
Section 2: The lesson plans
1. Court Room Game
2. Unwritten Rules and Managing Conflict
3. Introduction to Teenage Relationship Abuse
4. Myths and Realities
5. Behaviours – OK or not?
6. Young People And Relationship Abuse Section
3: Supporting resources
1. Suggested ground rules
2. Sources of help
3. An historical perspective on legal and cultural attitudes to domestic abuse – some helpful facts