This guide has been developed to help parents, carers and professionals supporting children and young people affected by traumatic events or experiences.
This guide aims to provide:
- A brief overview of some of the signs and symptoms children and young people experiencing trauma may face.
- Some practical tips and advice to help you talk to children and young people about their feelings and concerns.
- Information and resources you can use with children and young people to help them express their feelings.
- Additional resources developed by the Children’s Society to help promote young people’s well-being.
- Further information and signposting if you, or the young person you are supporting, need additional support.
- Highlighted text throughout the document are links to useful resources and further information.