The visitation booklet was designed for children ages 6-11. It is for a child who had been exposed to family violence and whose parents are now living separately. It teaches children strategies to adapt and be safe when visiting their other parent.
The overreaching goals of this booklet include:
- The child will identify with the main character Michael and be able to externalise any internalised thoughts.
- The parent will increase insight into the child’s internalised world and provide
- The child will gain coping strategies when visiting with the offending parent.
- The child will identify that rules are not the same in different homes.
- The child will gain calming and soothing skills.
- The facilitator will identify potential emotional trauma and increase insight into the child’s needs and be able to make additional referrals as needed.