The “Coping with Separation: For Children aged 6 to 12” booklet is a valuable resource designed to help children aged 6 to 12 navigate the challenges and emotions that come with their parents’ separation. It provides practical information and guidance to support children during this significant life change.
- Why do families change?
- The reasons behind parents’ separation
- Addressing the question of fault
- Helping children understand and manage their feelings
- What to expect during and after the separation
- The importance of open communication and expressing emotions
- Dealing with challenges related to visitation and parental involvement
- Exploring the impact of new partners on the family dynamic
- Strategies for self-care and finding emotional support
- Encouraging children to communicate their needs and concerns
- Navigating conversations with parents about feelings and adjustments
- Additional resources for further information and support
FREE DOWNLOAD OF COPING WITH SEPARATION GUIDE: FOR CHILDREN AGED 6 TO 12