“Starving the Anxiety Gremlin” is an engaging and imaginative workbook designed to help children aged 5 to 9 understand and manage their anxiety. It introduces the concept of the Anxiety Gremlin, a playful creature that feeds on anxious feelings, making it relatable and fun for young readers.
The workbook uses interactive activities, including stories, puzzles, quizzes, and creative games like colouring, drawing, and writing, to actively engage children in the learning process. By following cognitive-behavioral principles, it teaches children how to change their thoughts and actions to reduce anxiety, effectively “starving” the Anxiety Gremlin.
This resource is not only age-appropriate but also a versatile tool for parents and practitioners, including social workers, looking to support children dealing with anxiety. By empowering children to take control of their anxiety, the workbook helps them build emotional resilience and better manage their anxious feelings, ultimately contributing to their overall well-being.
- Why read this book?
- Let’s meet a mystery creature!
- Let’s learn about feelings!
- What is anxiety?
- Things we get anxious about
- Why we get anxious
- Our anxious bodies
- Our anxious behaviours
- The effects anxiety can have
- Starving the anxiety gremlin strategies
- Your anxiety dos and don’ts!
- Completing your mission to starve the anxiety gremlin!
- Activity, puzzle and quiz answers
- Information for parents and professionals
FREE PDF DOWNLOAD OF STARVING THE ANXIETY GREMLIN FOR CHILDREN AGED 5-9: A CBT WORKBOOK ON ANXIETY MANAGEMENT