It is hoped that the information in this booklet will in some way help teenagers and parents to live a life free from violence and abuse.
It will also help parents to understand:
• The ways domestic abuse affects young people and their development.
• How to listen to teenagers so that you know what is happening with them.
• How to talk to their sons or daughters about their experience to help them to understand what is happening in their lives.
• The impact domestic abuse can have on them as parents/
• Steps they can take to try to ensure young people’s safety while dealing with their own situation.