The “Parents’ Guide to Being Share Aware” is an essential handbook aimed at helping parents navigate the complexities of keeping their children safe online. Specifically tailored for parents of children aged 8-12, a time when youngsters start becoming more independent online, this guide aims to simplify the ever-changing world of the internet, apps, and online trends.
Key areas covered in the guide include:
- Help Keep Children Safe Online: An introduction urging parents to be “Share Aware,” teaching their children the difference between sharing in the real world and the online space.
- Navigating the Online World: Acknowledging that the internet can be confusing for parents, the guide offers reassurance and practical advice to keep pace with online activities that children may engage in.
- Talking to Your Child: Emphasises the importance of open dialogue between parents and children about the potential risks and safety measures online.
- Getting the Family Involved: Recommends involving the whole family in discussions about online safety to ensure everyone is aware and proactive.
- What You Can Do: Provides actionable tips for parents to be proactive in seeking additional support and resources for ensuring online safety.
By encouraging open conversations within the family and offering straightforward guidance, this guide aims to empower parents to protect their children in the digital world. It reassures parents that while the internet is a vast and ever-changing space, keeping children safe online can be achieved through informed and consistent parental involvement.
FREE DOWNLOAD OF HELP KEEP CHILDREN SAFE ONLINE (GUIDE FOR PARENTS)