Below are two different booklets which help children understand what adoption is and answer some of the questions children may have. The booklets have similar content but different design and are therefore listed together.
They cover the following topics:
- What is adoption?
- What is a social worker?
- What is a judge?
- What about my brothers and sisters?
- Where do adopters come from?
- When can I live with my new family?
- Once I go and live with them am I adopted?
- Will I still go to the same school?
- Can I still see my friends?
- What if I don’t feel happy about what is happening?
- My thoughts on what’s happening?