The Tandem Toolkit is an essential resource for professionals and practitioners addressing the complex issue of Child to Parent Violence and Adolescent to Parent Violence. This comprehensive toolkit is designed to assist in improving family dynamics and managing the challenges associated with Child to Parent Violence (CPV) and Adolescent to Parent Violence (APV).
Key Features of the Tandem Toolkit:
- Child to Parent Violence and Adolescent to Parent Violence Focus: Emphasises the importance of addressing Child to Parent Violence and Adolescent to Parent Violence, offering strategies and tools to tackle these specific issues effectively.
- Safety and Relationship Repair: Prioritises the safety of all family members and aims to repair and strengthen the parent-child relationship. This is crucial in cases of Child to Parent Violence and Adolescent to Parent Violence, where family dynamics are often strained.
- Understanding Family Dynamics: The toolkit begins with an understanding of the family’s situation, highlighting the importance of comprehending the unique dynamics in cases of Child to Parent Violence and Adolescent to Parent Violence.
- Collaborative Family Work: Encourages parents and children to work together to resolve issues related to Child to Parent Violence and Adolescent to Parent Violence. The toolkit includes sessions and tools to facilitate this collaboration, fostering improved family relationships.
- Structured Intervention Program: Offers a complete scheduled intervention program with individual and joint sessions for parents and children, tailored to address the specifics of Child to Parent Violence and Adolescent to Parent Violence. This includes initial sessions with the parent alone, followed by joint sessions, ensuring a comprehensive approach to tackling the issue.
- Empathy and Perspective Taking: Through techniques like storyboards, the toolkit helps families involved in Child to Parent Violence and Adolescent to Parent Violence to develop empathy and understand each other’s perspectives, a critical step in resolving conflicts and healing relationships.
This toolkit is an invaluable resource for professionals seeking effective strategies and interventions to support families dealing with the complexities of Child to Parent Violence and Adolescent to Parent Violence. It offers a practical approach to understanding, managing, and resolving these challenging family dynamics.
- The Tandem Toolkit
- Considerations for Children with Additional Needs
- Working with Child to Parent Violence
- Outline of Sessions
- Example session Plan
- Weekly Session Goals
- My Goals
- Session One with Parent: Understanding the Family Dynamic
- Family Contract
- Session Two with Parent and Child: Family Rules
- Our House Rules
- Healthy House
- Unhealthy House
- Session Three with Parent: Communication
- Wheel of Communication
- Additional Parent Exercise: Communication – The Power of Praise
- Ways I can Praise my Child
- Additional Parent Exercise – Communication – Empathy Building
- Session Four with Child: Time-out
- The Time-out Steps
- Misuse of Time-Out
- Time-out Log
- Session Five with Parent and Child: Story Boards
- Personal Story Boards
- Storyboard discussion sheet
- Additional Parent Exercise – My Child – Warning Signs
- Additional Parent Exercise – The Emotional Tank
- The Emotional Tank
- Session Six with Child – Knowing Me
- Closing the Work – Moving Forwards
- Useful Contacts
- Services for Older Children
- Emergency Services
FREE PDF DOWNLOAD OF SESSIONS PLANS & WORKSHEETS FOR PROFESSIONALS WORKING WITH CHILD TO PARENT VIOLENCE
SIMILAR FREE RESOURCES
Child to Parent Violence (CPV) Booklet 1
The “Child to Parent Violence (CPV) Booklet” is a practical guide designed to support family members experiencing or who have experienced violence or abuse from a young child/teenager. It aims to increase safety and wellbeing in families while providing strategies to promote healthy, positive, and respectful relationships. Additionally, the booklet includes information on understanding and managing child to parent violence, safety planning, and resources for further support.
Child to Parents Abuse Booklet 2
The PEGS Child to Parent Abuse Booklet provides comprehensive guidance on understanding, managing, and addressing child-to-parent abuse. It covers the various forms of abuse, including physical, emotional, and financial, and delves into the reasons behind such behaviors. The booklet offers practical advice for parents on how to respond to and prevent abuse, emphasising the importance of maintaining respectful and healthy family relationships. Additionally, it includes useful strategies for safety planning, managing behavior, and seeking external support and resources.
Child to Parent Violence Booklet 3
This is a resource aimed at helping parents and carers understand and manage violence from their young children/teenagers. It provides insights into different types of child-to-parent violence, including physical, emotional, and psychological, and offers guidance on creating a safer, more respectful family environment. The booklet includes practical strategies for dealing with such violence, emphasising the importance of safety planning, understanding the causes of violence, and accessing support resources.