This is a 10-page advice pamphlet for parents and carers that provides information and advice on protecting children from radicalisation and extremism. Topics covered include: definitions of extremism and terrorism; the role of Prevent and Channel programs; factors that can make young people vulnerable to radicalisation; warning signs of radicalisation; how to talk to your child about extremism; keeping your child safe online; and where to get help if you are worried about radicalisation. The pamphlet stresses the importance of open communication between parents and children. It aims to increase awareness and provide practical tips to safeguard children.
- Why are young people drawn toward extremist ideologies?
- What is Prevent?
- What vulnerabilities are radicalisers looking to exploit?
- What are the warning signs to radicalisation?
- What can I do to protect my child?
- How can I keep my child safe from extremism online?
- Useful websites
FREE DOWNLOAD OF ADVICE TO PARENTS AND CARERS KEEPING CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE SAFE FROM RADICALISATION AND EXTREMISM (BOOKLET)