The overreaching goals of this booklet include:
- The child and parents will learn how to develop a safety plan on a developmental level appropriate for the child’s age.
- Identification of “mad” feelings, in a developmentally appropriate way, that helps young children understand that their family shows their MAD in unsafe scary ways.
- The child will enhance safety planning and self-protection skills.
- The facilitator will identify potential emotional trauma and increase insight into the child’s needs and be able to make additional referrals as needed.
- The parent will increase empathic responses to their child’s internal world.