This parent brochure has been created in response to emerging online risks and recent tragedies involving young people in Canada. The goal is to inform parents in order to reduce the incidence of adolescent sexual exploitation.
It guides parents how to discuss the following topics with their adolescent children:
- Online Activities and the Popular Sites and Apps Used
- The Qualities of Healthy vs. Unhealthy Relationships
- The Importance of Adults Demonstrating Healthy Boundaries with Teens
- Direct and Indirect Ways of Getting Out of Uncomfortable Situations
- Discussing the Importance of Seeking Help