The guide provides parents and caregivers with activities, songs, books, and developmental milestones to promote learning in infants and toddlers ages 0-3 years. It covers 8 key learning areas including language, math, science, and social-emotional development. The guide gives activity ideas tied to daily routines like eating, bathing, reading, playing, transitions, and rest. For each age range from 0-3 months up to 30-36 months, it provides fun, interactive activities using common household items to support development.
The guide also includes song lyrics, fingerplays, recommended children’s book titles, milestone checklists, and pages to track favorites, phone numbers, and medical information. With a focus on learning through play and everyday interactions, this resource gives parents easy tools to nurture development in infants and toddlers.
The guide is structured around key routines that offer various chances for interactions with adults and materials:
- Let’s Eat: Covers mealtimes, snack times, and eating out.
- Let’s Get Clean: Encompasses bathing, diapering, toileting, grooming, and dressing.
- Let’s Go: Includes travel, errands, walks, outdoor exploration, vacations, and body movement.
- Let’s Share Words and Stories: Involves reading, storytelling, imaginative play, and creative expression.
- Let’s Say Hello/Goodbye: Focuses on transitions, including between activities, cleaning up, and babysitter/childcare visits.
- Let’s Rest: Addresses nap time, bedtime, and relaxation moments.