My Feelings Activity Book is a 19-page illustrated resource designed to help children ages 3-6 identify and express their emotions. The book uses simple language and engaging activities to teach young children about feelings.
Some of the key features include:
- Colorful drawings depict children experiencing different emotions like happiness, sadness, anger, fear, calmness.
- On each page, the emotion is labeled and the child is prompted to engage through coloring, circling objects, singing songs, answering questions.
- The activities aim to build the child’s emotional vocabulary and link situations to the associated feelings.
- Both positive emotions and challenging ones are covered, like feeling loved as well as feeling worried, frustrated or angry.
- Guidance is provided for adults on reading the book aloud and facilitating discussions about feelings.
- The book validates all emotions as normal and offers reassurance that caring adults will help the child through difficult feelings.
- Children are encouraged to express emotions through words, facial expressions, and body language.
- Coping skills like singing favorite songs or reading books when scared are taught.
- At the end, children are prompted to name their own feelings.
Overall, this interactive book uses developmentally appropriate methods to foster emotional awareness, vocabulary, and comfort sharing feelings in young children. It can be a useful tool for social workers introducing emotional skills to clients ages 3-6.