The “Smoking and Quitting: Clean Air for All” is an educational storybook designed to answer children’s questions about smoking, particularly when a parent or adult in their life smokes cigarettes. Illustrated in an engaging way, the book serves as a valuable resource for a range of adults—parents, grandparents, teachers, or professionals in mental health and addiction fields—to have open and informative discussions with children about this topic.
- Child-friendly Answers: The book addresses common questions that children may have about smoking, breaking down complex issues into language they can understand.
- Encourages Dialogue: This resource aims to prompt important family discussions about smoking, irrespective of whether the adult plans to quit or continues to smoke.
- Risk Minimisation: Offers actionable tips for parents who smoke on how they can still take steps to minimise health risks to their children.
- Educational: Aids in educating children about the dangers of smoking and the importance of clean air for everyone, regardless of their parents’ smoking habits.
- For Various Caregivers: Useful for not only parents but also teachers, grandparents, and professionals who may need to discuss the topic of smoking with children.
This book empowers both adults and children to have a sustained dialogue about the implications of smoking. It also educates children, arming them with the knowledge they need to understand the risks involved, and potentially helping families move towards healthier choices.
FREE DOWNLOAD OF SMOKING AND QUITTING: CLEAN AIR FOR ALL (EDUCATIONAL STORYBOOK)