This leaflet serves as a helpful guide specifically designed for disabled young people to learn about growing up, sex, and relationships. Whether you’re into team sports, have a passion for geography, or enjoy going to the cinema, young people, including those who are disabled, have a variety of likes and dislikes. The guide acknowledges that everyone has questions about sex and relationships at some point.
- Friends and Relationships: This part helps you understand how to make and keep friends and what it’s like when friendships turn into more intimate relationships.
- Growing Up: This section talks about the physical and emotional changes you’ll go through as you get older.
- Developing Sexual Relationships: Here, you’ll learn about the natural progression from friendships to romantic and sexual partnerships.
- Contraception: This part provides you with important information on how to protect yourself and your partner.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs): This section focuses on the need to be aware of STIs, how to recognise symptoms, and ways to stay safe.
- Pregnancy: Offers a quick look at what pregnancy means and what you should think about if you or your partner becomes pregnant.
- Being Who You Want to Be: Encourages you to feel good about who you are, no matter what society thinks.
- Further Information: Points you towards other useful resources and places where you can get more help or information.
- How Contact Can Help: Gives you ways to reach out for more support, including a helpline and email address.
FREE DOWNLOAD OF GROWING UP, SEX AND RELATIONSHIPS INFORMATION LEAFLET FOR DISABLED YOUNG PEOPLE