The family court booklet identifies with children ages of 12 -15. This booklet was created with the intention of providing a user friendly tool to support children and help them understand about the complex issues and feelings that arise once a family goes to court.
The overreaching goals of this booklet include:
- To gain understanding of (USA) court orders.
- To gain understanding of protective orders and court ordered visitation.
- Learning self-soothing skills and managing anxiety when going to court.
- Identifying potential problems and possible solutions during visitation.
- Empowering children to develop inner resources.
- Identifying potential trauma issues and increasing insight into the child’s needs in order to be able to make referrals as needed.