The Children and Domestic Violence Fact Sheet Series is a comprehensive set of 10 fact sheets specifically created for parents whose children have been impacted by domestic violence. These fact sheets aim to provide valuable information, guidance, and support to parents as they navigate the challenges of addressing domestic violence and its effects on their children.
Each fact sheet focuses on a specific aspect of children’s experiences in the context of domestic violence. The topics covered include:
- How Does Domestic Violence Affect Children?: This fact sheet explores the various ways in which children can be impacted by domestic violence, including emotional, behavioral, and developmental effects.
- Celebrating Your Child’s Strengths: Recognizing and celebrating the strengths and resilience of children who have experienced domestic violence is the focus of this fact sheet.
- Before You Talk to Your Children: How Your Feelings Matter: This fact sheet emphasizes the importance of parents’ emotional well-being and self-reflection before engaging in conversations about domestic violence with their children.
- Listening and Talking to Your Children About Domestic Violence: Providing guidance on effective communication strategies, this fact sheet assists parents in having age-appropriate and supportive conversations with their children about domestic violence.
- The Importance of Playing with Your Children: This fact sheet highlights the significance of play in promoting healing, emotional connection, and growth for children who have experienced domestic violence.
- Keeping Your Children Safe and Responding to Their Fears: Practical strategies for ensuring the safety of children and addressing their fears in the context of domestic violence are outlined in this fact sheet.
- Managing Challenging Behavior of Children Living with Domestic Violence: Strategies for parents to effectively manage and respond to challenging behaviors exhibited by children who have been exposed to domestic violence are explored in this fact sheet.
- Where to Turn if You Are Worried About Your Children: This fact sheet provides information and resources to assist parents in accessing appropriate support services for their children who have been affected by domestic violence.
- Helping Your Child Navigate a Relationship with the Abusive Parent: Guidance is provided to parents on how to support their children in managing and understanding their relationship with the abusive parent, considering their safety and well-being.
- A Parent’s Self-Care and Self-Reflection: This final fact sheet emphasizes the importance of self-care and self-reflection for parents as they navigate the challenges of addressing domestic violence and supporting their children’s healing.
The Children and Domestic Violence Fact Sheet Series serves as a valuable resource for parents, offering practical information, insights, and strategies to help them support their children and promote healing in the aftermath of domestic violence.
FREE DOWNLOAD OF CHILDREN AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE FACT SHEET SERIES: