Children who have been abused or neglected need safe and nurturing relationships that address the effects of child maltreatment. If you are parenting a child who has been abused or neglected, you might have questions about your child’s experiences and the effects of those experiences.
This factsheet is intended to help parents (birth, foster, and adoptive) and other caregivers better understand the challenges of caring for a child who has experienced maltreatment and learn about the resources available for support.
- What’s Inside:
- What should I know about my child?
- What is child abuse and neglect?
- What are the effects of abuse and neglect?
- How can I help my child heal?
- Where can I find support?
FREE DOWNLOAD OF PARENTING A CHILD WHO HAS EXPERIENCED ABUSE OR NEGLECT: BOOKLET